The Dibble Institute
New and proven ways to teach teens and young adults about healthy relationships and romance.
The non-profit Dibble Institute promotes relationship training for youth—especially in the context of dating and romantic connections.
Our goal is help young people build a foundation for healthy romantic relationships now, and for lasting, positive family environments in the future.
We do this by:
- Developing research-based teaching materials for schools and other youth settings.
- Educating opinion leaders and policy makers on the need for and value of relationship education.
- Serving as a clearinghouse for the field via our newsletter and website
- Training teachers and youth instructors.
- Consulting on content implementation and grant proposals.
Dibble has received extensive professional recognition for our efforts in youth relationship education.
Our teaching materials are used nationwide in classrooms, social agencies, community groups, and other youth settings.
What young people learn
Dibble materials teach teens and young adults how to be successful in friendships, dating, and love.
- Dealing with emotions
- What makes a healthy relationship
- Recognizing dangerous relationships
- Effective communication
- Conflict management
- Low-risk dating strategies
- The social and emotional sides of sex