PREP Grantee Toolkit
Great News! Based on a successful five-year federally funded evaluation at the University of Louisville, Love Notes is now on the Office of Adolescent Health’s list of evidence-based approved programs. This means that you now have an evidence based, innovative pregnancy prevention program that works especially well with older, at-risk youth.
Even better Love Notes covers five of the six Adult Preparation Topics required by PREP funding. So Love Notes will make it easier for you to comply with PREP requirements and proven to work with the hardest to reach young people.
You, of course, can continue to use Dibble materials to meet the Adult Preparation requirements independent of the pregnancy prevention program you implement. Using evidence-based, engaging materials to teach these essential life skills will ensure that the youth you serve will make healthier life choices.
This Toolkit includes:
- Issue Brief of the Evidence Based Program Love Notes Model.
- Case Studies from current PREP grantees who successfully use Relationship Smarts PLUS, Love Notes, and Money Habitudes 2® to meet the adult prep requirements.
- Evidence Based Program Webinars featuring Tish Hall, Office of Adolescent Health, Marline Pearson, author of Love Notes, and Anita Barbee, Principal Investigator.
- “Love Notes” Works as a Relationship-Based Pregnancy Prevention Program”
- “Love Notes for OAH Grantees”
- Correlations between five of the required adult preparation topics and Love Notes or Relationship Smarts PLUS.
- Crosswalks between school curricular frameworks for health, Family and Consumer Sciences, and sex ed. and Dibble programs. (You may find this helpful as you work with your partners to implement programs in school settings.)
- Links to Relationship Smarts PLUS, Love Notes, and Money Habitudes 2® to download free sample lessons and review current evaluations.
Please feel free to contact Dixie Zittlow, PREP Grant Specialist, for strategies for successful implementation and any other questions.