Free! Second Wednesday Webinars
Every month guest speakers, program authors, or Dibble staff bring you insight on timely topics related to teen/young adult romantic relationship issues, research, and programs.
March 12, 2014
UP YOUR GAME!
Strengthen Your PREP Adult Preparation Topics Using Proven, Adaptable Materials
Now that you have figured out how to deliver excellent, evidence based pregnancy prevention instruction, how about your adult preparation topics?
Join PREP Pregnancy Prevention Grant sub-awardees to learn how they are using Dibble evidence based materials to successfully teach the Adult Preparation topics.
Learn how to:
–select the program that best engages your audience and
–adapt the material to meet your needs for time and topic.
Ted Futris, Ph.D. University of Georgia and Felicia Tuggle, Georgia PREP
Jeanette Stephens, Center for Self Sufficiency, Milwaukie,
And, others using Dibble programs in their PREP grants
When: Wednesday, March 12, 2014
, 4:00 pm Eastern/
1:00 pm Pacific
Duration: 60 minutes
I’m In Love! Understanding and Handling Fabulous Love Chemicals
Many of us remember our first crush. Our feet barely touched the ground and we couldn’t get that special someone out of our minds. The feelings of romantic attraction are incredible! Thanks to modern science we now know that most of our “in love” sensations are due to various chemicals naturally coursing through our brains.
She’ll also explore how to help youth
- understand what they are feeling,
- appreciate the positives of the early stages of attraction, and
- make good relationship and sexual decisions.
Presenter: Marlene Pearson, Author of Love Notes, v.2.0 and Relationships Smarts PLUS v.3.0.
Building Relationship Skills with Young Adults in Community-Based Programs
Learn the effectiveness of teachingrelationship skills along with job preparation skills. Hear what works in creating an environment for students to comfortably engage in meaningful discussion—essential for facilitating successful relationship skills education.
Through the use of The Dibble Institute curricula they will show how students can self-assess the healthiness of their relationships, learn skills to strengthen them, and set goals for the future.
Presenters: Jo Anne Eason, Building Brighter Future Program Director, Dibble Institute and Vice President, Communications and Marketing, Public Strategies and Briana Levin, Health Program Coordinator of CCEO YouthBuild
- November: Impacting Future Generations: Implementing Relationship Education in the Community Setting
- October: The Power of the Love Story: Empowering Teens Through Literature
- September: Essential Lessons Learned in Dating: Teaching the Stages of Relationships
- August: Managing Conflict: Addressing the Four Communication Danger Signs
- July: Why Teens Hook-Up: Relationship Skills to Today’s Teens
- June: Love Lives Are Not Neutral: Current Findings from the Field
- May: Relationship Skills for Students with Autism and Learning Disabilities
- Next Generation: Integrating Sex Ed with Relationship Ed
- April: Integrating Relationship Education Into Health Classes
- March: Love Is In the Air! Preparing Students for Safe Proms and Spring Breaks
- February: Can’t Buy Me Love: How to be Rich in Life and Love
- January: The Dibble Institute – A Resource for Guiding Youth to Successful Relationships