Building Hope is the second in a three- part series of Mind Matters Now.
It covers the effects of toxic stress and trauma on the brain, body and sensations. People who experience trauma and toxic stress often have difficulty regulating their emotional responses when facing challenges in school, life, and relationships.
Mind Matters’ lessons teach people how to respond to negative experiences with innovative methods based on current research and neuroscience. Participants will learn the skills and strategies in Mind Matters, and they can begin to say, “I am not a victim of what happened to me.”
Mind Matters’ practical, hands-on lessons explore the effects of adversity and toxic stress along with the healing process. Each lesson includes activities that build resilience and hope.
- Participants will be able to build hope and
- Participants will be able to demonstrate compassion towards the hijacked
- Participants will be able to practice self-care.
- Participants will be able to live
- Participants will be able to self-regulate.
- Participants will be able to strengthen relationships.
Lesson 5: I Get By with a Little Help from My Friends – 1:01:09
- Support Systems
- Trusted Adult
- Wheel of Awareness
Lesson 6: The Hijacked Brain – 1:02:23
- ACEs & Toxic Stress
- Triggers & Effects of Trauma
Lesson 7: Trauma Containment and Rhythm – 47:04
- Shared Rhythm Playlist
Lesson 8: Tapping / Efficient Sleep – 56:29
- Tapping Basics and Practice
- Efficient Sleep