- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: How Do Gender-Based Groups Impact Program Outcomes?
October 20, 2022 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Have you ever wondered what difference having an all male or all female* or co-ed group makes for youth outcomes? Well, so did John Lewis of Urban Strategies.
John leads the collaborative, FuturoNow, which is delivering Love Notes SRA to approximately 1,300 youth annually targeting nine, majority-Latino neighborhoods of Los Angeles County that have teen birth rates far above state and national average. As part of their grant, FuturoNow is conducting a descriptive study to compare differences between implementing Love Notes with all male, all female, and co-ed groups.
In this webinar you will learn what they learned about outcomes, outreach, and other key takeaways through surveys, focus groups, and in-depth interviews.
Objectives: Participants will learn:
- How male and female youth experienced Love Notes in gender-based cohorts including what they liked and disliked
- Two strategies to increase recruitment and retention of male and female youth in by hosting these three different types of cohorts
- Real-time strategies based on the experiences of five years of programming
- Outcomes from analyzing the data of the gender-based groups
John Lewis, Urban Strategies LLC, Project Director
Jonathan Nakamota, PhD., WestEd, Principal Investigator
- October 20, 2022
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- Community Action, Extension Agents, Juvenile Justice, Love Notes, Pregnancy Prevention, Social Work, SRAE, Teen Pregnancy Prevention, Violence Prevention