- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Putting Youth Relationship Education on the Child Welfare Agenda: Findings from Research and Evaluation
May 11, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Relationships are important in helping youth achieve their goals and a successful transition into adulthood. Having the skills to manage healthy relationships can make a difference as youth make decisions related to school, employment, and pregnancy prevention. These skills may be especially important for youth involved in or aging out of the child welfare system.
This webinar will provide participants with a better understanding of the importance of healthy relationships for youth in foster care. This webinar also will summarize current research and evaluation evidence on relationship education for youth in foster care.
At the end of this webinar, participants will learn:
- Why healthy relationships matter for youth in foster care
- What types of programs focus on healthy relationships for youth in foster care
- Key program elements that are critical for successfully improving relationship skills among vulnerable youth
Presenters: Mindy E. Scott, Ph.D., Deputy Program Area Director and Senior Research Scientist; April Wilson, Ph.D., Research Scientist with Child Trends
- Putting Youth Relationship Education on the Child Welfare Agenda (Full Report)
- What Works for Promoting and Enhancing Positive Social Skills