- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Robust Relationship Skills Education: A Strength-Based Approach to Teen Dating Violence Prevention
August 10, 2016 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Working directly with teens to robustly build healthy relationship skills gives us a unique and positive approach for primary and secondary dating violence prevention with males and females. Developing adolescents’ knowledge about and skills for their romantic lives is an especially effective approach to deescalating conflict, developing a personal sense of responsibility, and staying safe.
This webinar will:
- Review the research on comprehensive relationship education as it relates to teen dating violence;
- Explore how relationship education positively impacts other outcomes for adolescents, and
- Learn strategies that participants can use to bring evidence-based relationship skills to their schools and communities.
Presenter: Kay Reed, President and Executive Director, The Dibble Institute
- HRE for Dating Violence Prevention Among High-Risk Youth
- NIJ Journal Issue Number 261
- Relationship Smarts Plus Sample Lesson
- STOP SV-A Technical Package to Prevent Sexual Violence
- Teen Dating Violence as a Public Health Issue