- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Tips for Teaching Relationship Education in High Schools: Lessons from the Field
April 10, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
More than Conquerors, Inc. (MTCI) is nonprofit social service provider in Conyers, Georgia, with a long history of delivering relationship education to high school students. With funding from the Office of Family Assistance at the Administration for Children and Families, MTCI is currently partnering with staff from Mathematica Policy Research and Public Strategies to deliver and evaluate the Relationship Smarts PLUS curriculum in two Atlanta-area high schools.
In this webinar, Phillippia and Brian will discuss emerging lessons from the evaluation and MTCI’s long history of serving youth. The lessons include MTCI’s process for hiring, training, and supporting facilitators to achieve optimal student engagement and impact. They will also include general tips for selecting a curriculum, engaging youth, and making the content relevant for students.
Specifically, webinar attendees will learn:
- The steps and characteristics prioritized when hiring facilitators.
- How to select the right curriculum for your population.
- How to engage youth in relationship education.
- Phillippia Faust, Director of Programs, More Than Conquerors, Inc., Conyers, GA
- Brian Goesling, Ph.D., Senior researcher at Mathematica Policy Research.