Second Wednesday Webinars
The Dibble Institute offers a monthly FREE webinar on various topics related to healthy relationships for teens and young adults.
February 10, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Preventing Dating Violence
By Helping Students Choose Healthy Relationships and Build Social/Emotional Skills
The prevention educators of Women In Need, Inc., based in north Texas, will share with participants their experiences in developing curriculum to help high school students choose healthy relationships. They will also share with participants their experiences in developing curriculum to help middle school students develop healthy social and emotional skills. In addition, participants will hear how Women In Need’s prevention educators utilize Love Notes 3.0 to serve at-risk teens. Finally, participants will be reminded of the significance of ongoing curriculum evaluation and modification.
Participants will be encouraged to adopt a process of curriculum evaluation and modification that works best for their organizations and the students they serve.
Webinar participants will understand:
- The history, mission, and services of Women In Need, Inc. (WIN).
- WIN’s Teen Dating Violence Prevention curriculum for high school students designed to help them choose healthy relationships.
- WIN’s prevention education curriculum for middle school students designed to help them develop healthy social and emotional skills.
- How WIN adopted Love Notes 3.0 to serve at-risk teens.
- The importance of ongoing curriculum evaluation and modification.
Presenters: Jeff Landers and Tiffany Storm, Education Specialists, Women in Need
Who should attend: Educators, counselors, Community Action, dating violence programs, healthy relationship program managers, and youth workers.
When: Wednesday, February 10, 2021, 4:00 pm Eastern/1:00 pm Pacific
Duration: 60 minutes