Second Wednesday Webinars
The Dibble Institute offers a monthly FREE webinar on various topics related to healthy relationships for teens and young adults.
July 14, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Eastern Time
Using Mindfulness Skills to Reduce Risk Factors in Sexual Health
In these challenging times, many youth are dealing with isolation, anxiety, and depression and relationship challenges. Everyone is looking for a way to connect. Many wonder, how do we do this safely and in a healthy way?
We know that when we are unaware of what is happening with our bodies and brains, then we are more likely to make risky decisions. Providing information that youth will hear and use starts with providing mindfulness skills that help them to calm their brains, be in touch with what is going on in their bodies, and build resilience. These mindfulness skills are relevant, empowering, and easy to make a part of everyday life. When implemented, people find they are more likely to grow in social and emotional regulation, make more informed decisions, and see brighter futures.
Join Dixie Zittlow as we discuss how healthy decision-making is achievable by bringing awareness to what is happening with our bodies, brains, and emotions.
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of mindfulness skills on the brain.
- Practice mindfulness exercises that inform decision-making.
- Access digital resources with mindfulness skills.
Presenters: Dixie Zittlow, Senior Training Advisor, The Dibble Institute
Who should attend: Program managers, counselors, educators, practitioners, community workers, foster care, runaway and homeless youth workers, and anyone working with youth.
When: Wednesday, July 14, 2021, 4:00 pm Eastern/1:00 pm Pacific
Duration: 60 minutes
- July: Using Mindfulness Skills to Reduce Risk Factors in Sexual Health
- June: Youth Relationship Education Research & Practice Priorities. Highlights from the Marriage Strengthening Research and Dissemination Center
- May: Co-Regulation Strategies: Practical Tools for Program Staff to Foster Youth Self-Regulation
- April: Using a Strategic Learning Agenda to Drive Action and Program Success
- March: Scenario Tools to Thrive in a Post-Pandemic Future
- February: Preventing Dating Violence By Helping Students Choose Healthy Relationships and Build Social/Emotional Skills
- January: Does Marriage Still Matter? A Current Perspective