Second Wednesday Webinars
The Dibble Institute offers a monthly FREE webinar on various topics related to healthy relationships for teens and young adults.
May 12, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm Eastern Time
Co-Regulation Strategies: Practical Tools for Program Staff to Foster Youth Self-Regulation
What is co-regulation? Why does it matter? How can I integrate co-regulation into my program or practice? Join interventionist and nurse-educator Aly Frei to explore co-regulation, its importance for youth development, and its potential to improve program outcomes.
Co-regulation is a term that helps describe the important interactions between adults and young people that foster youth self-regulation. Self-Regulation is a central ingredient in lifelong success, predicting healthy relationships, economic self-sufficiency, and physical and emotional well-being. Because of rapid change in youths’ brains and bodies, adolescence is an important time for adults to promote self-regulation development.
Through co-regulation, adults form relationships where youth feel cared for and known; co-create safe and nurturing environments; and give youth opportunities to practice self-regulation skills and reflect on how to apply them in their lives. Integrating co-regulation strategies into youth service delivery is a promising approach for improving program implementation and youth outcomes.
Webinar participants will be able to:
- Explore the components of co-regulation
- Describe the important role that youth-serving practitioners have in supporting self-regulation development.
- Identify practical strategies and lessons learned from one project to help guide the integration of co-regulation into your program.
Presenters: Aly Frei, Senior Project Manager, Public Strategies
Who should attend: Program managers, counselors, educators, practitioners, and anyone interested in working with youth.
When: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, 4:00 pm Eastern/1:00 pm Pacific
Duration: 60 minutes
- May: Co-Regulation Strategies: Practical Tools for Program Staff to Foster Youth Self-Regulation
- April: Using a Strategic Learning Agenda to Drive Action and Program Success
- March: Scenario Tools to Thrive in a Post-Pandemic Future
- February: Preventing Dating Violence By Helping Students Choose Healthy Relationships and Build Social/Emotional Skills
- January: Does Marriage Still Matter? A Current Perspective