- Sex trafficking prevention
- Navigating Relationships in the Digital Age with additional focus on online sharing, sexting, sextortion, and digital consent.
- Practice for essential conversations in Getting on the Same Page, which includes an added emphasis on equality, kindness, and caring.
- Internet Porn: A unique approach using an interview with Billie Eilish.
- Planning for Success: Making decisions on the personal use of digital/mobile technology, encouraging young people to be in control versus the technology controlling them.
- Two additional Journal pages have been added – Getting on the Same Page and Problem-Solving & Reflections.
- To the original discussion of hormones and sexual arousal patterns has been added Safe Sex Re-Imagined.
* No new material has been added to the EBP content. New content is limited to supplemental materials.
- Strengths-based approach:
- Participants define for themselves a meaningful context and timing for sex.
- The Benefits of Deciding
- The importance of mutuality and being mutually informed so that both partners are on the same page.
- Greater emphasis on the motivation for young males to be more proactive in STI and pregnancy prevention.
- Child’s Wish List
- The positive steps young parents can take to provide bright futures for children.
- Updated research & stats:
- Pathways and Sequences to Success
- Digital technology including texting, sexting, social media
- Sexual assault prevention
- Cohabitation—when it’s more or less risky—to help young people make informed decisions.
- Medically accurate contraception information based on CDC recommendations.
- Improved some Trusted Adult-Teen Connection activities for more interaction.
- Many resources and activity cards updated, added, or removed to better fit with updated content.
Changes in Delivery
- Activities have been streamlined.
- Videos, music, images are current.
- Participant Workbooks now called Journals.
- Student Journal redesigned to improve accessibility for students with learning differences.
- Scenarios, role plays, and language updated to be more diverse and inclusive
- Ongoing focus on asset-building through a strength-based framework
- EBP and supplemental content are integrated into one Instructor’s Manual.